Exceptionless.io is a service which provides real-time error reporting for applications. The Robot and some Activities (such as Terminal Session) make callback requests to this service during execution. However, while used, it might reveal where UiPath is installed.
As of 2018.3, the Robot no longer makes callback requests to the exceptionless.io service. As such, if you are using the 2018.3 version of the UiPath Platform the exceptionless.io service no longer needs to be disabled.
The exceptionless.io service needs to be disabled in the following situations:
- A 2018.3 Robot executes a workflow which contain older versions of activities.
- The Robot version is 2018.2 or lower.
To avoid these callback requests it is recommended to disable it by doing the following:
- Open the UiRobot.exe.config file from UiPath installation folder with a text editor (Notepad++, etc.)
- Navigate to the
<exceptionless apiKey="API_KEY_HERE" />section and add
enabled="false"so that it looks like this:
<exceptionless apiKey="API_KEY_HERE" enabled="false"/>
- Save the changes and close the file.
- Restart the UiRobot service.