The user under which the Robot runs needs to be added to the Remote Desktop Users local group, in Computer Management.
The user under which the Robot runs needs to have the following user rights, in the Local Computer Policy:
You can add the Remote Desktop Users group to all these rights, as you previously added the user to this group.
- Access this computer from the network
- Allow log on locally
- Allow log on through Remote Desktop Services
The UiPath Platform Windows installer (
UiPathPlatform.msi) enables you to install the entire UiPath suite. However, please note that the UiPath Orchestrator component is not displayed if you do not launch the installer as an administrator from the command line and if IIS 7+ is not installed on the machine.
The installation can also be customized, to better suit your needs. Please note that, by default, Robots are installed at the following location -
C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio. You can change it by making use of the command line arguments.
After reading and accepting the terms of the License Agreement, the following Advanced options are available:
- UiPath Studio - Installs Studio. This option is enabled by default.
- UiPath Robot - Installs the Robot on the local hard drive, as a Robot Window service. This option is installed by default and it cannot be disabled.
Installing the Robot in user mode is possible only through command line parameters.
- Install local activities feed - Created the local activities feed, in the
C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\Packagesfolder, by default. This option is enabled by default. Having the activities packages locally is useful if you do not intend to connect your Robot to Orchestrator, or you want to have a better control of the activities used in an automation project.
- Automatically start client - Starts the Robot tray at Windows startup. This option is disabled by default.
- Java Bridge - Install the UiPath Java Bridge for a better integration and automation in regards to Java applications. This option is disabled by default. Please note that installing the Java Bridge may cause the installation to last longer than usual. This option installs the Java Bridge only in the system drive Java folders. If you are using custom JRE not located on the system drive, you have to manually install it.
To change the default installer settings, click the button next to each feature and select one of the following options:
- Will be installed on the local hard drive - helps you install the corresponding feature on the local hard drive.
- Entire feature will be installed on the local hard drive - installs the corresponding feature on the local hard drive, along with all its sub-features.
- Entire feature will be unavailable - does not install the corresponding feature.